Master s Degree in Organizational Psychology: Program Overviews
Schools that have programs in this area usually offer a Master of Arts or Master of Science in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, but some Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs include organizational psychology as a concentration. The curriculum of a master’s degree program in organizational psychology mainly includes courses in psychology, management and behavioral science. Many who earn such degrees begin their careers in human resources and might work their way up to specialist or consultant positions. Some programs require previous human resources experience for admission.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Behavioral Sciences, General
- Clinical Psychology, General
- Cognitive Psychology and Psycholinguistics
- Cognitive Science
- Community Psychology
- Comparitive Psychology
- Counseling Psychology, General
- Environmental Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Family Psychology
- Forensic Psychology, General
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Medical Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Psychology, General
- Psychometrics and Quantitative Psychology
- Social Psychology
Master’s Degree in Organizational Psychology
Coursework in an organizational psychology master’s degree program generally focuses on the professional development of employees in an organization. This could include studying organizational behavior, systems and theory of organization development. Those applying to a master’s degree program in organizational psychology should have a bachelor’s degree and have taken coursework in research, statistics and psychology. Other topics covered in an organizational psychology program may include:
- Positive psychology
- Change management
- Personnel selection
- Strategic thinking and leadership
- Group dynamics
Popular Career Options
Someone with a master’s degree in organizational psychology often helps corporations and businesses to organize workforces, maintain productivity and improve work-life quality. Many who earn such degrees begin their careers in human resources and may work their way up to specialist or consultant positions.
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
The job growth rate for industrial-organizational psychologists was expected to be 19% between 2014 and 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), which is much faster than average growth. The BLS cites a demand for the services of organizational psychologists by businesses looking to retain employees and increase productivity as a reason for this projected growth. In 2015, industrial-organizational psychologists earned an average annual salary of $92,320, reported the BLS.
Master’s degree programs in organizational psychology explore the interaction of human resources concepts, employee productivity and management. The program can prepare students for employment as industrial-organizational psychologists, a field with much faster-than-average growth in job opportunities between 2014 and 2024.
Next: View Schools
Bachelor’s degree programs in organizational psychology and development teach students to understand, motivate and communicate.
Organizational psychology programs that lead to the MBA degree are rare. Master of Arts (MA) or Master of Science (MS) degree.
Although organizational psychology is not usually offered as a Ph.D. you can enroll in a similar program. Find out what you.
Degrees in organizational psychology typically cover human resources and workplace issues. Find out about the educational.
- MS in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Gerontology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Human Factors
- MS in Psychology: General Psychology
- MS in Professional Counseling
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- View more
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management: Human Resources Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management: Organizational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- View more
- MA Psychology – Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Master of Arts in Psychology – General Psychology
- Master of Arts in Psychology – Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- View more