How to Restore Data from Unreadable External Hard Drive
Yesterday, I plugged in my external hard drive and tried to click on it. A message popped up saying it was unreadable, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then I got the message asking if I want to format it. I even tried inserting it into different computers, tried going to disk management and checked the settings, nothing worked and now I don’t know what to do. I have some important stuff in my external hard drive. How do I get the data that is on the drive back? Is it gone? Please help!
Most of the people using external hard drives might have experienced such cases. Recovering data from unreadable or corrupted external hard drive is not an easy task. It is not impossible either. One could restore data from these unreadable drives using a reliable recovery software. Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) is an excellent utility that can effortlessly perform hard drive recovery for unreadable and corrupted external hard drive.
Why External Hard Drive becomes unreadable?
- Interruptions during the formatting or re-formatting partitions on the external HDD
- When your external HDD is severely infected with virus / malware threats, there are chances of your external HDD becoming unreadable
- Use of incompatible third party applications for creating, deleting or re-sizing existing partitions on your external hard drive
- Sudden power loss when the data is being transferred from the external hard drive might lead to file system corruption which in turn makes the hard drive unreadable
- Presence of excessive bad sectors on the external HDD will also make your drive unreadable
These are some of the commonly encountered situations when your external HDD is unreadable. However, with Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) software, you can easily restore back all the files on the disk within a couple of minutes. The software recovers data from Western Digital hard drive that has become corrupted or unreadable.
Apart from this, the software performs HDD recovery from Toshiba. Seagate, Samsung, Iomega, LaCi and others brands as well.
Characteristics of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac)
Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) is a robust tool, capable of recovering data from your external hard drives which has become corrupted and unreadable for some reason. The utility is incorporated with powerful algorithms that scans your entire external drive repeatedly and extracts all your data from it.
- Restores data from external hard drives with FAT32, FAT 16, NTFS, NTFS 5, HFS + / HFS X partitions.
- Capable of recovering more than 300+ different types and formats of files from corrupted and unreadable external HDD.
- Effortlessly restores data even from the corrupt, failed, formatted external hard drives.
- Successfully performs recovery from the unreadable external hard drives on all versions of both Windows and Mac OS. (Not just external hard drives, Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) can also be used to recover hard drives. thumb drives, memory cards, SD cards, iPods etc. )
- Can perform Raw Signature search to increase the recovery speed.
- Capable of identifying the type of the files after recovery with the aid of the file’s unique signature.
- Allows you to save the recovered files at any location of their choice that too in a compressed ZIP format.
- Could easily save the recovered information and allows you to resume the process later when needed.
- Offers free preview of the recovered files with its free trial version.
- The tool can also be used to recover data from bad hard drive. just click on the link provided to know the perfect solution.
How to recover data from corrupted and unreadable External Hard Drive?
By following some few simple steps, Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) can easily restore all your data from the external hard drives in a couple of minutes. Connect the external hard drive to your system and download Remo Recover (Windows / Mac); install it and follow the below explained steps to recover your data:
- Once you have installed Remo Recover (Windows/Mac), run the software.
- Select “Recover Partitions / Drives” from the options displayed.
- Select the drive representing the external hard drive from which data is to be transferred.
- The Software starts scanning the entire drive. Wait, until it’s over.
- A list of all the recovered items appears.
- Preview each one of the files and select the required ones for saving.
- Purchase the software and save the selected files in your system.
NOTE:Do not save the recovered files on the same drive from where you recovered. USE a different drive that is healthy and free from errors.